This course teaches you how to design and instruct Level 1 (Essential and Intermediate) reformer workouts in personal or group training settings for a range of clients. While IR may be taken prior to IMP, we recommend completing IMP first. In addition to the general course objectives, you will learn:
- Effective use of the reformer to enhance torso stability and strength, peripheral extremity conditioning, joint stability, flexibility, balance and coordination
- How to develop programs for personal and group classes Essential, Intermediate, Power workouts
- Effective communication and observational skills, verbal cueing and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
- Modifications for specific body types, postural issues and conditions
- Theory and practice of postural analysis
- Exercise layering related to effective program design
- 122 exercises plus multiple modifications
- Working knowledge of functional anatomy
- 30 hours pilates classes
- Three-plus years teaching movement or fitness
- 50 hours instruction & supervised teaching
- Minimum 10 hours observation
- Minimum 40 hours physical review
- Minimum 25 hours practice teaching
- Conducted over 3 weeks or 4 weekends
- Total: 125 hours
Observation, practice teaching & physical review
A minimum number of hours of observation, practice teaching and physical review are required for all courses and should be completed between instructed sessions at any STOTT PILATES® facility. Additional training may be required before certification. Practice teaching and physical review hours must be logged outside of class time. The practice logs must be submitted on your exam date (either written or practical exam). If the student fails to submit all the logs within 7 days from the last portion of the exam, the entire exam will be void.
Includes watching sessions taught by a STOTT PILATES Certified Instructor or relevant STOTT PILATES videos.
Means physically performing the exercises learned in class. Taking a class with a STOTT PILATES Certified Instructor or working out with video can qualify as physical review hours, and can be completed individually or with other students.
Hours can be fulfilled by instructing family, fellow students, friends or clients.
There are no hours required for Injuries & Special Populations or Advanced Level courses.
Continuing education credits
STOTT PILATES 5.0