The dynamic Total Barre™ program is intended for those already working in the fields of fitness or movement. Instructors looking to bring music-inspired movement to their clients will love the 11 specially arranged and selected segments that serve as the template for each session or class.
Segments are accompanied by timed selections of music, each at a designated pace and focus on individual areas of the body or movement type.
Upon completion of the Instructor Foundation Course, participants will be able to teach the Total Barre method of exercise. Only upon the receipt of their certificate will they be entitled to identify themselves as a Total Barre Qualified Instructor.
Our Total Barre program provides a balanced and thorough blend of theory, observation and practical experience to help you master the repertoire.
General course objectives:
- Learn creative choreography of a well-balanced Barre workout.
- Receive a template to effectively guide participants to modify and choreograph future workouts.
- Break down various movements and explore the stabilization and mobilization required to achieve them.
- Learn how to cue, correct and modify effectively for all populations.
- Experience and implement six Total Barre Foundational Principles.
- Participants are supplied suggested beats per minute for each segment of the workout they learn with optional music playlist.
Total Barre Instructor Foundation Course
The 7 hour, one-day Total Barre Foundation Course provides the groundwork for Instructors to produce safe, effective and varied barre programs that address the needs and goals of every client. Participants are introduced to the Total Barre Principles – six movement awareness fundamentals that provide the structure and biomechanical basis for each exercise. During the course, participants have the opportunity to experience the movements before examining the application of the principles, and learn the essence of each exercise along with the theories of dynamic stability, optimal mobility and movement efficiency.
What you will learn:
- How to use of the Total Barre Template
- Choreography to teach exercise essence and correct biomechanics of movement
- How to use and choose appropriate music for the template
- The most efficient way to cue and correct when teaching to music
- Suggestions of modifications or props are made throughout the workout to aid and progress clients and add variety
Requirements of qualification:
This course is intended for those already working in the fields of fitness or movement who hold a related certification and/or degree, however, all those interested in this material are encouraged to participate.
Course length: 7 hours
Continuing Education Credits